Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dog days of summer


Although I've never discussed it on ATH, for the past 15 years I've bred, raised and shown Tibetan Terriers in both obedience and conformation.  Conformation is your regular dog show like Westminster for any of you that may not know.  


This is Oliver.   Oliver is a big Tibetan weighing in at 42 lbs.    Most Tibetans are 18 - 30 lbs.   Given his size I decided to get him a pack for hiking and put him to work, not that he can carry that much.   15% of his body weight just isn't very much.    Still he could carry his own treats and some water, keys to the car, my license etc.  



I wasn't sure how he would do with a pack but it was as if he had always worn one.   He didn't even seem to know he had it on.  Mountainsmith is a good name in hiking equipment and this pack wasn't a disappointment.



Next best thing until I get a pack goat!



Stay cool!

Elizabeth






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails