Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Favorite things - Diffuser



With goats I find I am constantly heating milk.   I heat it to pasteurize for yogurt only but most cheeses require milk to be heated as well.   I have very large stainless steel pots with heavy bottoms for larger batches of cheese but for smaller amounts I love my smaller Pyrex pot but the glass bottom requires me to use very low heat or stir constantly so as not to scorch the milk.   I found a diffuser a couple of years ago that makes heating milk and many other things that easily stick to the bottom of a pan so much easier.   I find I use it for all kinds of things now 

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Where did you find your diffuser? I'd LOVE to have one and better start looking! It would be wonderful for use with milk and cream soups. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find so many things you will want to use this with you'll wonder how you ever managed without it... at least I did.

    I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Where they have all the oddball kitchen gadgets. I got the first one a couple of years ago and was afraid they wouldn't still have them but I got the second one a couple of months ago there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many uses is exactly what I'm seeing it for! Thank you! I've got to get to BBB! I'll have to check WalMart and Meijers first as they MIGHT be cheaper. ;)

    I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice. I would like one of those to heat up some chocolate or for making creams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about getting a pasteurizer, what do you think?

    This spring will be the first time I get any milk and I don't want anyone to get sick....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sitting here wondering what to write about tomorrow and milk sounds good. There's enough to it to justify an entire post.

    You'll love having your own milk regardless of how you end up treating the milk. Cheeses, ice cream, yogurt...you'll use it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails