Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fabric Flowers

Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday.  Hopefully, better late than never.  Yesterday just got away from us here.

Fabric Flowers

I love fabric flowers.  They are so easy to make and add so much to almost anything you want to embellish.

Items needed:

3 1/2" x 54" piece of fabric.
needle and matching thread
glue gun with glue stick
iron



I use the rotary cutter sometimes and other times I just use scissors.   Next, fold it in half with the right side facing out and press flat.


Start a long row of running stitch and then gather it all.  You'll have a piece that looks like the below picture when done.

 

Next start to  roll it into a flower shape.   Every 1/2 turn you'll need to add a spot of glue and hold it closed until the glue solidifies.  Then turn some more.




I use a clip to hold it from the bottom until it's too big.  Then I hold it from the top with a clip.


I add the drops of glue about 1/2" up from the bottom.

That's it.  Easy as pie.

Elizabeth





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails