Thursday, August 12, 2010

Enjoying the bounty


Skillet of potatoes, onions, green peppers, tomatoes and jalapeno's cooked in olive oil with a bit of garlic

This is my favorite time of year where food is concerned.  I love going out to the garden to just start picking for an impromptu meal.   Browned potatoes with carmelized onions and peppers is always a favorite.  It reminds me of mornings on camping trips. 

Same as above with a yellow squash in it and few less tomatoes


These potato and veggie skillets always pair well with fresh scrambled eggs compliments of the girls



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That looks delish! In our family we call it "comfort food". Just good old down home cookin'. Your combination of ingredients is a bit different than mine. I think I may try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect name for it - comfort food! You'll have to share your list of ingredients sometime. I am always looking for new combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you. Going out to the garden and picking veggies and immediately cooking them. Doesn't get better than that. Tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails